HIPAA and HITECH compliance and policy enforcement is taken very seriously by abeo’s leadership. Our clean track record is reflective of the manner in which HIPAA enforcement is executed and followed. We have a zero tolerance policy for any misconduct. HIPAA and HITECH policies are covered during new employee orientation and annually thereafter. We comply with the necessary steps and measures that must be taken to protect data collected and stored. Below we have provided an overview of the policies and procedures required from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources.
- Administrative Security, Policies and Procedures
- Staff Training (Required for all employees)
- Contingency Planning (Inclusive of ongoing audits and security breach response plans)
- Physical Security (Inclusive of building, computer and data center access at each of our offices)
- Technical Security (Inclusive of network access such as firewalls and passwords)
- Systems Access (Inclusive of passwords, encryption, etc.)
- Systems Integrity (Inclusive of testing, data validation, etc.)
- Systems Documentation (Inclusive of communications integrity and authentication)
abeo’s HIPAA enforcement process includes updating our policies and procedures as new privacy and security rules are put forth by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources. If you have any questions regarding abeo’s HIPAA enforcement please contact us. For more information regarding HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, visit the official U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources web site.